When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. – Maya Angelou
Yeah, this happened!
As the meeting was nearing its merciful end, they told me I could reschedule in a few weeks for another meeting and that they could see a use for my services. Ha! Now, why would I want to do that? Did they think I was desperate for work or a glutton for punishment? Did they, even for a moment, consider that I might not want to work with them? No.
One of the biggest mistakes all entrepreneurs make is working with any and everyone.Share This Idea
Perfect Client or Perfect Storm?
- Can they afford your services?
- Are they aggressive or condescending? Don’t make excuses for their behavior it won’t change.
- Do they understand you work with them, not for them?
- Do they respect and value what you bring to the table?
- Do they understand and respect your culture?
- What are their priorities? If money is their primary concern, they may never be satisfied.
- Are they willing to follow your process?
- Do they resemble your perfect client?
- Does the work excite you?
- BONUS: Would you still want to work with them if you weren’t being paid?