DR. DAVID M. ARRINGTON, SR.
B.S. Computer Information Systems, Oakwood University, 1996
Masters of Divinity, Andrews University, 2004
Doctorate of Strategic Leadership, Concentration in Leadership Coaching, Regent University, 2016
Project Management – 20 Years
Keynote & Motivational Speaking – 20 Years
Entrepreneurship – 20 Years
Coaching – 16 Years
Organizational Leadership – 14 Years
Leadership Development – 16 Years
Non-Profit Experience – 12 years
Fundraising – 12 Years
Community Partnerships – 11 Years
Recruiting and Hiring – 2 Years
I have a wealth of leadership experience in both corporate and non-profit environments. I have worked in several industries and coached leaders and entrepreneurs from a number of different backgrounds and industries. This has given me a broad understanding of what is necessary to lead and succeed. I have honed my skills of negotiation, persuasion, leadership and communication. My experiences have sharpened my ability to identify and execute solutions. I have managed small to million dollar projects. I try to draw the best out of my clients and help them gain the clarity and focus they need to function at their highest level.
I have worked to hone my skills of negotiation, persuasion, leadership and communication. My experiences have sharpened my ability to identify numerous options and isolate and execute the best. My project management experience ranges from small to million dollar projects. I try to draw the best out of my clients and help them gain the clarity and focus they need to function at their highest level.
My work as a pastor has sharpened my people skills, my listening skills and given me a more holistic approach to coaching. My faith plays a large role in my life and provides the backdrop for everything I do. For clients that request it, I integrate spiritual concepts into the coaching process.
Creating Custom Workshops and Training
Helping Establish a Work/Life Balance
Clarifying Primary Goals
Remediating Derailing Behaviors
Business Process Improvement
Dr. Arrington has nearly 20 years of leadership experience which includes start-up, non-profit , and multinational Fortune 100 organizations. He began his career with ExxonMobil, has served as North American Recruiting Manager for Schlumberger Omnes and has pastored for over a decade. He holds a bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems, a master’s in Divinity with an emphasis in counseling; and a Doctorate in Strategic Leadership with a concentration in Leadership Coaching.
David’s guiding coaching philosophy is that his clients hold the keys to their success. He knows it’s not nearly as important to have the right answers as it is to ask the right questions. By providing a safe, non-judgmental space, David helps his clients turn down the noise in order to distinguish between the urgent and the important. This leads to more profitable decision making.
As an executive coach David helps organizations and leaders achieve their desired results quickly. He has a unique way of identifying the primary pain points and moving his clients to a place of insight and action. In addition to coaching, David feeds his passion for helping people reach their full potential through keynoting, training, and facilitating conferences.
David understands and teaches that character is the foundation of success in any endeavor. He gives back to the community by speaking with community groups and schools. He is currently working with at-risk high school students through his Imagine Me program which is designed to draw the best out of every student. Students who participate are given the inspiration, motivation, and tools to become successful regardless of their circumstances. Through this program, he is changing individual futures and impacting the next generation.
David has coached numerous leaders from diverse business and leadership backgrounds to remarkable ends. He is a devoted husband and a loving father of three.
DR. DAVID M. ARRINGTON, SR.
Results-oriented leader focused on bettering those he leads
Proven expertise in executive coaching and leadership development, creating a shared vision, strategic planning, project and program management, organizational development, and implementing organizational change. Excellent track record of accomplishment in planning and administering successful business programs to dramatically improve operational, financial and business infrastructures, and profitability. Collaborates effectively with C-level stakeholders to prioritize activities and achieve defined objectives. Authentic, character-focused executive able to effectively translate business requirements into operational solutions. Broad experience across many aspects of business from operations management, recruiting, and P/L responsibility within multiple industries.
Executive Coaching • Change Leadership • Program Management
Process Redesign • Strategic Planning • Leadership Development • P/L Responsibility
Team Management • Budget Management • Organizational Leadership
Entrepreneurship • Business Strategy • Relationship Development • Negotiation
Staff Recruitment / Training • Multi-Industry Expertise • Business Management
Community Engagement • Entrepreneurship • Non-profit Management • Fundraising
Collaborative Leadership • Customer Relations • Multi-Generational Leadership
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
ARRINGTON COACHING, Suffolk, VA 2012 – Current
Executive Coach / CEO
• Coach business leaders and executives honing leadership styles, addressing undermining assumptions and correcting limiting behaviors.
• Align leadership teams.
• Provide leadership and organizational consulting.
• Facilitate organizational alignment through assessment and reporting.
• Assist business leaders clarify their business model and understand their markets.
• Facilitate leadership workshops.
• Create customized leadership training based on organizational needs.
• Maintain lead management and sales funnel activity.
• P/L Responsibility.
ALLEGHENY EAST CONFERENCE, Pine Forge, PA / Chesapeake, VA 2003 – 2016
• Worked with organizational leaders to create and cast a shared vision.
• Chaired several committees.
• P/L Responsibility.
• Coached organizational leaders.
• Managed multiple teams from 10 to 150 people.
• Successfully delivered stalled $1.24M construction project on time and under budget.
• Improved organizational structure and direction by leading team through strategic planning exercises.
• Worked with organizational leaders to develop annual budget.
• Developed leadership training initiatives.
• Organized multiple organization-wide, community-facing events, promoting employee buy-in.
• Developed partnerships with corporations and community organization to reach goals.
SCHLUMBERGER OMNES, Houston, TX 1999 – 2001
North American Recruiting Manager
• Staffed new, high-profile consulting business unit with 32 new hires within four-month time frame.
• Controlled $600K budget.
• Developed global recruitment process and interview schedule to ensure acquisition of industry-leading talent.
• Held final hiring authority, and assigned new hires to specific geographic regions.
• Presented recruiting processes and methods to worldwide organizational leadership in Paris.
• Exceeded recruiting targets by 31%, enabling business unit to begin operations on schedule.
• Received promotion to worldwide recruiting coordinator due to project being delivered on time and under budget.
• P/L Responsibility.
• Managed design of VPN with input throughout entire lifecycle, including gathering requirements, defining project scope, selected equipment, testing, security and global installation.
• Developed end user documentation to facilitate roll-out and ongoing network operations.
• Identified international network hub locations and qualified local bandwidth providers for service availability, bandwidth reliability and cost. Provided comprehensive technical support.
Entrepreneur, HOUSTON, TX 1998 – 1999
• Built successful marketing business from ground up within six months. Prospected and secured clients, handled production schedules and created marketing products for local businesses.
• Developed websites and print-based advertising media.
• P/L Responsibility.
EXXON CHEMICAL COMPANY, Houston, TX 1996 – 1998
• Designed dial-in VPN solution that served as front-end for Citrix server farm. Selected hardware, secured best pricing, and outlined and finalized dial-in process which was used as a template for the global roll out.
• Documented project and communicated milestones to senior management.
• Managed Knowledgebase System Document Conversion Project. Led five-member team in project planning, converted integrated documentation into database, and ensured adherence to timeframe and budget deliverables.
• Served as project lead for Exxon Chemical Company Global Modem Pooling Project.
Doctorate in Strategic Leadership, 2016 – Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
Master of Divinity, 2004 – Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI
Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, 1996 – Oakwood University, Huntsville, AL
Human Focus of Leadership; Leadership Theory and Development; Strategic Planning, Design & Implementation; Values and Ethics for Leaders and Organizations; Organizational Structures, Systems and Environments; Global Strategic Leadership; Future Organizational Design & Leadership Studies; Coaching as a Profession, History, Theory & Skill Building, Advanced Coaching Models
The New Rules of Teaming in a Global Economy
SUMMARY: In the last decade globalization has changed the rules regarding how organizations conduct business. With the introduction of ubiquitous high-speed internet access, the availability of less expensive workforces, and advances in communications technologies virtual teams have become more commonplace. Leading virtual teams poses new and different challenges than leading co-located teams such as working across multiple time zones, trust-building, cultivating connectedness, and effective communication. In many cases, virtual teams have become global virtual teams. Global virtual teams present a number of challenges above and beyond virtual teams such as navigating cultural differences, understanding differing worldviews, traversing language barriers, and cross-cultural communication to name a few. While there are many overlapping competencies, leading in a global context differs from domestic leadership and it has been argued that there is a shortage of globally aware leaders. Global leaders require additional competencies to effectively lead in a geographically dispersed and culturally diverse work environment. Global leaders will need to understand the value and challenges of diversity, the role culture plays in influencing leadership styles, and how to manage conflict in a global virtual setting. This project explores the new rules of teaming in a global economy and the competencies global leaders will need to work effectively in a rapidly shifting, global virtual work environment.