- Sharon Fanto,VP Media at COX MEDIADavid is an inspirational speaker and coach. I had the opportunity to have David speak to my CMI Leadership team on multiple occasions. His preparation, desire to understand our needs and goals is second to none. He deeply cares about how his message would resonate and have impact after his sessions were over. We are still referencing things we learned during our time with Dr. Arrington. We are looking forward to our next session with him.
If you are looking for an engaging and knowledgeable speaker, trainer, or coach I highly recommend the DOCTOR! You’ll be happy you’ve engaged with him if you want to take your performance and your team’s performance to new heights.
- Lauren Cook,Marketing and Communications Specialist, Families of Autistic Children in Tidewater…by listening to this guy’s little 5-minute YouTube videos (30 Days of Success) and taking his bits of wisdom day-by-day, he has helped change my life. It’s not preachy, it’s factual. It is far from abstract, as he manages to give his advice in a linear or prerequisite-type format, meaning you’re not going to hear it until you’re ready to hear it. For me, that approach enabled me to tackle little pieces at a time.
It’s almost like he took all the clever, inspirational posters down from the walls of the schools, tore them up, and said “yeah, that’s great and all, but let’s focus on getting it done vs dreaming about it”.
I’m not finished with the 30 Days yet, but I am already better with family, career, calmness, priorities, focus, and goal execution. Again, no catch.
I just think David Arrington is a bad ass, and I think you will, too. And if you do choose to check it out, make sure you do the worksheets. You may be skeptical at first, but I guarantee you’ll have your first “light bulb moment” in under a week if you stick with it.
- Bahar Huffman,Training & Compliance Coordinator, Versability ResourcesWe had the honor of hosting Dr. David Arrington at VersAbility Resources in Hampton. He spoke to our organization about the Power of Focus. Dr. Arrington is a very energetic and dynamic presenter, our group remained engaged and enjoyed the session in its entirety! He provided our group with wonderful tips on how to avoid distractions, time management and how to communicate effectively and diplomatically with Supervisors/colleagues. One of my biggest take-a-ways from the session was finding the balance for a healthy/happy home life and work life. Our team walked away from the training feeling motivated and in control! We plan on hosting Dr. Arrington again as staff members have already requested a second visit!
- Heather Herrick,CEO, Domestic Divas Cleaning ServiceDavid is the perfect combination of honest and direct while offering insight and encouragement. He demands and delivers excellence and follow-through. With the help of Arrington Coaching, I was able to identify and trample several goals, such as adding new clients (37!) and breaking a 5-year plateau for revenue! I would certainly recommend Arrington Coaching for anyone seeking that boost to the next level.
- Jeannie Hobbs,President, Hobbs Photography StudioI’m so glad to have made the decision to work with David at Arrington Coaching. He was just what we needed and right when we needed it. David has a relaxed approach while pushing for positive results. He is genuine, creative, open and direct. When you have been in a family business for more than 30 years, you tend to feel that you live life in a bubble. David was able to give a unique perspective on all topics of discussion.
One of the most important aspects of our time together was the way he was able to break our goals into manageable steps, how to prioritize the details and shine a light on the objective as a whole. In doing so, I felt like I was able to focus on what was important and productive, rather than wasting valuable time spinning my wheels. We were able to meet virtually, which didn’t disrupt our regular schedules, and I love that we created the space to allow me to stop and think about projects, details and goals in a more thoughtful and intentional way.
I have said many times to many people that our business is like a train. Sometimes the train goes fast, sometimes slow and we are always on it but rarely guiding it to a destination. As a result of working with David, I feel like I gained some control of this train. And that, in itself, is a very powerful feeling.
- Lauren Bland,Executive Director, Hampton Roads Sports CommissionDavid never disappoints – whether he is serving as a panelist, giving a motivational speech or leading a thought-provoking presentation – you’ll walk away from the event with a new idea/concept. David is one of those people that doesn’t give you a lot of fluff – he gets straight to the content and doesn’t waste your time telling you cliche tips and tricks. He makes you feel comfortable and like a VIP the moment you connect. His Networking Like A Boss Seminar was a 2-hour power session that made me feel more confident going into my next networking session.
- Susan Pleasants,Nonprofit & Business Development Manager, VOLUNTEER Hampton RoadsDavid’s talk was dynamic, engaging, and enlightening. It was presented with genuine and infectious enthusiasm. The subject The Power of Focus: Getting In & Staying In the Zone was both interesting and provided all in attendance with an actionable plan.
David was a master of the subject matter and kept the talk lively with audience participation. He was able to learn and retain the names of a number of the audience members, which further enhanced the presentation since you felt he was truly speaking to “you”.
During the reception following the event, many conversations could be heard regarding the presentation and individual’s intentions to affect positive change in their day to increase productivity.
I would highly recommend David Arrington as a speaker across a variety of topics. I have no doubt that he would bring the same level of expertise and enthusiasm to each subject.
- Yvette Lyles,Manager of Business Development, Heartland Hospice ServicesI attended Dr. Arrington’s Networking Like a BOSS and was pleasantly surprised as I thought I “knew” networking but certainly left with some practical ideas on how to perfect my current skills and adopt other critical skills. His approach was focused, timely yet lighthearted. Very engaging with the attendees by providing practical techniques that can be used to navigate conversations with others and help you with creating the right perception. I left the workshop with a new understanding of the importance of creating value when building relationships through networking. I think the biggest take away from the workshop was how to narrow my focus, goals and expectations of what I would like to accomplish in future networking events. I highly recommend Dr. Arrington for your coaching and/or training needs…you will not be disappointed!
- Mallory Taylor,Business Development Manager, Franklin Southampton Economic DevelopmentDavid has a lot of spunk and passion! He gave a stellar workshop on how to “Network Like A Boss”! In just two hours I walked away with new ideas and tricks to be a more successful networker. If you are ever in the market for a speaker or workshop presenter David has proven to be dynamic and inspiring!
- Laura Henderson,Owner, BizConnectI recently attended David’s “Networking Like a Boss” workshop, and as someone who’s business is networking, I highly recommend that everyone attend this workshop. Even if you think you are an expert, there are things to be learned by David. He is a wealth of knowledge on the subject and his interactive approach to coaching is the best way to learn. I’m looking forward to working with David in other capacities to help my business grow.
- Lisa Chacon,Special Events and Development Manager, Susan G. Komen TidewaterDavid Arrington makes a difference. I have been fortunate to work with David in a number of capacities, as a Business Coach, Executive Coach, Management Consultant, and Trainer; and he has been excellent in every capacity! David seems to effortlessly apply sound management principles to any situation.
David helped focus our team’s efforts surrounding one of our major events. He helped us establish clear, measurable, and actionable criteria for effective performance and provided the accountability we needed. This resulted in a 24% profit increase YoY for one of our signature events.
Personally, he has been instrumental in my professional growth. He has helped me identify both my management strengths and areas I have room to improve. David also helped me clearly identify several small changes that have had an incredible impact.
David is straightforward, letting you know you have to do the work, but he does this with warmth and compassion. He understands your individual needs as well as those of your organization. As he says, he will help you turn down the noise, the distractions, and help you make better decisions. This is exactly what he does. I highly recommend David Arrington!
- Sharon Laderberg,Executive Director, Susan G. Komen TidewaterOur Susan G. Komen Tidewater team was fortunate to have David Arrington coach us for 4 sessions. He kept our team focused and on track, working together to facilitate the success of Pink-O de Mayo, our upcoming Gala event. He made sure that all of our specific tasks were doable and that each had completion dates to assure accountability. Our Board Chair joined us for one of our sessions and he was so impressed with David’s professionalism and expertise – we have asked David to become a member of our Board. I would highly recommend David to any Business/Organization to provide guidance and direction.
- Margaret Little,Partner, Virginia Financial PlanningI have worked with David for over 2 years in a monthly coaching call format. He provides great tools for preparing for the calls – that prep time alone is worth a lot! It’s tough for those who are self-employed to take time out to think strategically about our businesses. David has helped me do that.
During our calls he asks thought-provoking questions and provides helpful suggestions for moving my business forward. I am happier, and my business is more profitable as a result of my time spent with David. What more could I want?!
- Anna Yarashus,Project/Program ManagerDavid is a talented executive coach and is dedicated to guiding the development of the strategic direction of your business. Using his process, David and I produced an extraordinary planning document that helped me devise and obtain the necessary clarity needed to achieve my business strategy. His coaching process allows the flexibility to explore different options within your business as well as your overarching goals in order to achieve a balanced lifestyle. David is a pleasure to work with and is truly invested in his client’s success.
- Samantha Butcher,Branch Manager and Business Development Officer, Fulton BankOne take away from my coaching session with Dr. David was Urgency in action. His approach is relaxed, keeps the meeting moving and productive. Dr. David genuinely wants to help brainstorm ideas and enjoys helping individuals find success. His techniques remind me how important small consistent actions are to success. I would recommend Dr. David to others for coaching.
- Lisa Chandler,Executive Vice President, Nancy Chandler AssociatesDavid was recommended as a motivational speaker by one of our staff people for our Company Annual Kick Off Meeting. After our initial meeting it was clear that David would be a good fit for our company even though this was the first time we had met. David’s performance at our event was outstanding and everyone that was in attendance benefited from his message. Our goal for him was to inspire, encourage the attendees to have a successful 2016, and give them a few tools with which to accomplish that success. He hit it out of the park! Thank you, David!
- Wanda Watson,President, Premiere Small Business SolutionsDavid’s “Networking Like a Boss” training is phenomenal! Networking is crucial to growing any business. I’d recommend this training to anyone who chooses to learn how to network like a Boss as opposed to an assistant…..
- Mark Carrier,Business Owner & Creator of the Fitbox365I am a CEO of two local small businesses (Fitness Together) and the creator of the FITBOX365 a revolutionary personal health and fitness product. I can’t say enough about the support, guidance, and accountability which David Arrington has delivered to my organizations and me. David knows how to keep leaders / strong personalities focused on staying on the right path, helping us not to waste time or money. He is there to listen, ask the tough questions, and challenge your assumptions in an effort to protect your investment. If you are a business owner, a CEO of an organization, or an entrepreneur you own it to yourself to spend time with David Arrington, it will be time well spent.
- Andy Sutter,Outside Sales Manager, Air Specialty CorporationWe asked David Arrington to discuss the need for change and the effects of change on a growing organization. His energy was upbeat and his talk helped break down some of the resistance we were feeling. After he was finished we asked our team members what they thought. Some of the feedback was: WOW, he was awesome; his slides were great and they really drove home his points; he helped me understand why we need to change. He stayed after to answer questions and clarify any points.
Prior to the meeting, David spent several hours with our leadership team to get a clear understanding of our needs so he could craft his talk so that it had the most impact for us. That personalized service was an unexpected bonus and it paid off big time!
Overall David did an amazing job and we are very happy to have had him speak to our organization! Air Specialty would highly recommend David to anyone in need of a dynamic speaker. He’s the real deal!
- Steve Radcliffe,Owner, SLRimagery
Over the years I’ve attended many motivational presentations. I don’t recall leaving those with the same excitement and optimism as I had leaving David’s. His approach is over the top with greatness. This is a cordial, smart, business savvy man, who looked me in the eye and put his heart and expertise into me and my success. I believe if my future includes David Arrington, I’ll have a future to be thankful for.
- JanMarie Holzberger,Board Chair and Programming Director, Compassion Advocacy Network
Often in our business careers and personal lives we get stuck at zero growth. Frequently this happens because we do not ask ourselves the right questions that help us continue to grow. David Arrington knows how to ask those questions. I felt stuck! I needed someone to point out the questions I should be asking myself. I recommend Arrington coaching to anyone wanting a fresh perspective, unbiased observations, and non-judgmental coaching to jump start new personal and business growth. Having been a homeschool mom for twenty-one years, I needed help to get back into the business networking scene and make meaningful, productive contacts. David helped to me focus on my non-profit’s mission, share positive community impact statistics and be confident in myself and my approach. He also pointed out deficiencies in our website that when changed brought about an increase in online donations. Coaching with David was positively impacting and time well spent.
- Emil Nazaryan,Assistant Sales Manager, Nancy Chandler Associates
We had asked David to be the guest speaker at Nancy Chandler Associates Realtors annual kick-off breakfast. David exceeded everyone’s expectations! His speech was highly motivational, full with great contents, humor and passion. David really knows how to capture the audience and encourage participation. His enthusiasm and positive energy was so contagious! We wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again. He is excellent at what he does! Thank you David!
- Carl Cleanthes,Founder, Epic MadeI was referred to David by an associate of mine. I had never worked with a business coach and wasn’t really interested in working with a coach. Once I met David, he quickly changed my mind. Working with David is like having a personal trainer for your business. He is extremely motivating, he holds you accountable, and constantly offers a fresh perspective on how you can overcome the obstacles you face running a business.
Since I started working with David, I have seen tangible results: my sales numbers have increased 25% and we are on track for much more than that this year. The resources I have spent on David’s services were a valuable investment in the growth of my business and are nowhere near the value I have received through his coaching. I would recommend David to anyone running a business from a solopreneur to a seasoned business veteran.
- Deonna Lindsay-Lewis,CEO, BrandsmashWorking with David impacted my business in an enormous way. It was the difference between me running my business and my business running me. David helped me to take my business where I wanted it to be by helping me to view it through fresh eyes, with optimism, and a “take over the world” spirit. His approach motivated me to make significant decisions that yielded transformation and set my business on an accelerated trajectory towards growth almost immediately.
The single-most important thing that David helped me to do was to establish work-life balance and feel like I had it all together. Additionally, however, I was able to considerably increase my prices, tailor my services in a way that allowed me to work smarter and not harder, and be a more efficient leader within my own business and with my clients.
Before working with David, I wasn’t sure that I needed a business coach. In retrospect, that’s laughable. What’s great about David is that he’s super effective, intuitive, focused, and grooms his clients to reach a point where they don’t need him as much (which doesn’t detract from the fact that you’ll want to keep him around). I highly recommend David if you feel stuck, want to uplevel your business or are seeking confidence, clarity and focus, and can’t afford to wait another minute.
- Edward & Debbie Smith,Business OwnersDavid Arrington is an energetic, dynamic, and innovative coach. When my husband and I first began working with him, we were stuck! Because we had so many things going on, it was difficult to achieve the desired outcomes.With David’s help, we were able to prioritize, set goals, and make marked steps towards achieving those goals. As a result of working with David, we are more focused and have more confidence than ever! David was also instrumental in motivating our entire team by conducting a phenomenal workshop on mindset. If you are stuck or if you just need to re-focus, David Arrington can absolutely help you get from where you are to where you want to be!
Thank you, David!
- Ryan Sharpe,AttorneyDr. David Arrington was invited to two conferences I facilitated to inspire youth and young adults in the Bronx, NY. Dr. David connected immediately with our audience of future leaders who needed confirmation their lives had a purpose. His messages and illustrations were thought-provoking and inspiring so much so that other conference organizers in the area continued to invite him to youth leadeship training conferences each year. I would recommend Dr. Arrington very highly for any gathering of youth and young adults who need to be inspired to effect positive change.
- Eric Hatcher,Lead PastorDavid has helped me to think more critically about areas in my ministry. He also helped me identify some blind spots and gave me strategies to mitigate them that have caused me to go to another level. If you are interested in going to the next level with your business or organization you need to give David Arrington a call.
- Lori Emmons,Entrepreneur
If you are needing or wanting fresh insights I would recommend David Arrington at Arrington Coaching in a heartbeat. David provided me with a very perceptive and insightful perspective and recommendations on how and what I needed to do to attract and keep my ideal customers and followers. David was quite professional, prompt and perceptive. I feel that our time together was very productive. I am now focusing on implementing David’s suggestions!
- Michael Sales,Social Media StrategistDavid is an insightful and knowledgeable professional with a true passion for leadership training and coaching. I found his recommendations to not only be heartfelt but easy to implement. In fact, one recommendation yielded positive results within 48 hours. I recommend David to anyone in need of a leadership trainer or professional coach.
- Josephine Winfrey,Newark Community Health Centers, IncDavid is an energetic, engaging thought leader whose sole purpose is the success of others. I’ve watched him continually grow into the professional that he is today. His presentations are insightful and life changing. If you ever have the opportunity to work with him, it will be time well spent and remembered.
- Tamika Brice,High School Guidance Counselor
David Arrington offers monthly motivation and encouragement to our 11th academic group at Warwick High School. Today (as always) I was greatly impressed by his delivery and enthusiasm as he encouraged our students to plan, act, reflect, refine, and repeat. Additionally, at the end of this session (as with every session) students were celebrated for improving their grades, attendance, and/or behavior. This small act of encouragement has truly proven to be successful. Our students have shown drastic improvement with their grades and seem genuinely excited to share their progress reports. He has greatly impacted our students behavior and I’m confident that he has and will continue to influence their future decisions. If your organization is seeking a dynamic speaker who encourages, motivates, and engages audiences I highly recommend David Arrington.
- Lisa Carter,Conference AttendeeDavid is a powerful speaker! He is informative, motivational and energizes the room with his speaking! Great business coach and overall speaker!
- Carolyn Maddox,Workshop Attendee
I thought your presentation was excellent. You do not need any media devices. Your energetic and enthusiastic presentation keeps the listener engaged and interested. Awesome!
- Jessie Markley,Workshop Attendee
Very interesting topic that many business leaders need to hear. Multi-generational workforce issues will only continue to grow without adequate leadership change.
- Kathy Kupka,Owner, Kathy Kupka Photography
Great! Everything you said applied to me and what I’m doing wrong!
- Stephen Beer,District Governor at Rotary District 7600
David made a fabulous motivational speech at our Rotary International District meeting. He researched and new his subject matter and had everyone excited. David is a man of high integrity, very personable, and the kind of person people will want to be associated.
- Rob Estes,Financial Planner
As David spoke with our Rotary Club about Living for Legacy, I was impressed, inspired and entertained! If you have the opportunity to hear David speak, take advantage. I have since worked with him to add greater focus to areas of my life including family, fitness, spiritual and business. David has helped me with strategies that are enhancing all of these areas. I look forward to his coaching in the future and recommend him to anyone who wants to realize even more of their potential.
- Linda Elliot,High School Guidance CounselorOur 11th grade academic group at Warwick High School received some powerful words of encouragement this morning from David Arrington, a local motivational speaker & minister who inspired our students to raise their standards, decide what your life is going to be and write their own script. David went on to talk about fear. He shared that the fears you don’t face become your limits. The students were reminded to take “your Life” seriously, because you only get one! David shared a Rosa Parks quote: “When your mind is made up, it diminishes fear.” I know the advice was meant for the students, but I felt like he was speaking to everyone in the room. As school counselors we want our students to be successful in life. We want to see them leave high school equipped to meet the challenges life has to offer. David shared some other quotes that we all should keep in mind:
Life will not give you anything that you don’t demand from it!
Until you start dreaming, you don’t have a destination in mind!!
You are greater than you think you are. Push yourself!!!
Make some big decisions that will rock the world!
A powerful and inspiring wake-up call for our rising seniors.