WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
Working with Arrington Coaching
If you are Ambitious, Driven and understand how important it is to have some Balance in your life then you are in the right place. We understand the pressure you are under to perform and we provide space for leaders like you to let your hair down, be vulnerable, and learn from their mistakes. No judgment. No bad performance reviews. Just personal and professional growth and development as you prepare for your next promotion.
You want to get more done and be less stressed and we want that for you too. We are leadership coaches, but we understand that you have a life outside of work that shouldn’t be an afterthought. We will help you lead in a way that makes sense to you. If you need to stop office drama and get your team moving, we call that Tuesday.
We help individual leaders, coaching them 1-on-1 and we coach teams. Our clients call us in to train their staff when they are looking to shift the culture and accelerate results. They keep bringing us back because we are easy to work with, knowledgeable, and we make every encounter enjoyable. Your team will thank you for bringing us in. No seriously. Because we aim to make leading, hitting targets, and working together enjoyable, if not downright fun.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Having worked with David I am more aware of potential missteps and I am better at sidestepping those problems. I really enjoyed the sessions, they were a mood lifter and being able to talk out my ideas helped me identify solutions I probably wouldn’t have come up with on my own. And David’s personality and enthusiasm are infectious.”
Jeannie Hobbs, Owner, Hobbs Studio
MADE HUGE PROGRESS.
“I don’t feel overwhelmed anymore. I’m working harder now than I’ve ever worked and I’ve made huge progress personally and professionally thanks to David.”
Kathy Scott, Executive Vice President, Signature Management Company
KEPT ME FOCUSED.
Working with David was exactly what I needed at the time I needed it. He is an outstanding executive coach and has helped me stay focused on the big picture issues. I really appreciate that his coaching was a space completely separated from my organization.
Khalilah Harrison, Executive Director YMCA
SO WORTH IT.
“I was struggling with growing multiple businesses. You helped me focus on the right goals and keep them in front of me. The financial investment was really small compared to the return.”
Heather Herrick, CEO, Domestic Divas
These results are not unusual. Are you ready for results like these?
Work in Progress
Our clients rely on us to help them work out the people issues on teams, deliver crazy impactful trainings and deliver a kickass keynotes. Founded in 2012, Arrington Coaching was created to impact, influence, and inspire an entire generation of global leaders. We want to rock the world. Yeah, we dream big.
We bring our A-Game to every engagement because that’s the only game we have. We work hard because we know that what we do makes a difference in people’s lives. If you or one of your employees loves coming to work again that’s a game-changer. If we help you grow your business more people are employed and that benefits everyone. While we work with a handful of people we know that there’s a butterfly effect.
When we started, we were trying to do everything. LOL It took us a while to find our niche, but now that we know who we work best with and that saves everyone a lot of time. Now we know we work best with driven, motivated leaders who don’t take themselves too seriously. They are brilliant but overwhelmed and need some help keeping all the plates spinning. They appreciate us and we appreciate them.
Where will we be in 10 years? Hmmm. Right here, but stronger, smarter, faster, and more effective. What about you?
Could your team be more effective?
HOW WE OPERATE
“Expect Results” communicates what we stand for and what we are known for. Our brand idea is our differentiator in that we believe in results over promises.
Our process revolves around your goals, your business, your career, your path, and your future. We help you become the hero of your story. It’s all about you.
We want you to be wildly successful in all facets of your life, not just your work life. Success isn’t just about financial statements but family, it’s not only about promotions but also vacations.
Now that you know us, we'd like to get to know you.
ABOUT OUR CEO
Like you, Dr. David Arrington is committed to making a massive impact. Arrington Coaching is the result of over a decade of coaching leaders and a desire to help leaders realize their full potential. David is passionate about personal development and is motivated by seeing the transformations his clients undergo. He thrives on helping individuals and organizations exponentially increase their leadership capabilities.
As an executive coach, David assists leaders from varied industries to experience tremendous success, align their teams, and better cope with stress. He is a trusted thinking partner, helping business owners and business leaders turn down the noise, so they can make phenomenal decisions. David practices holistic coaching, which allows his clients to succeed at work without failing at home. His clients generally enjoy significant revenue increases as they transition from overwhelmed to loving life again.
Doctorate of Strategic Leadership, Concentration in Leadership Coaching, Regent University, 2016
Master’s of Divinity, Andrews University, 2004
B.S. Computer Information Systems, Oakwood University, 1996
- Project Management – 22 Years
- Keynote & Motivational Speaking – 22 Years
- Entrepreneurship – 22 Years
- Coaching – 16 Years
- Organizational Leadership – 14 Years
- Leadership Development – 16 Years
- Non-Profit Experience – 12 years
- Fundraising – 12 Years
- Community Partnerships – 11 Years
- Recruiting and Hiring – 2 Years
I have a wealth of leadership experience in both corporate and non-profit environments. I have worked in several industries and coached leaders and entrepreneurs from a number of different backgrounds and industries. This has given me a broad understanding of what is necessary to lead and succeed. I have honed my skills of negotiation, persuasion, leadership, and communication and my previous experiences have sharpened my ability to identify and execute solutions. I have managed small to million dollar projects and I always try to draw the best out of my clients and help them gain the clarity and focus they need to function at their highest level.
My work as a pastor has sharpened my people skills, my listening skills and given me a more holistic approach to coaching. My faith plays a large role in my life and provides the backdrop for everything I do. For clients that request it, I integrate spiritual concepts into the coaching process.
- Keynote Speaking
- Executive Coaching
- Performance Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Creating Custom Workshops and Training
- Change Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Helping Establish a Work/Life Balance
- Clarifying Primary Goals
- Remediating Derailing Behaviors
- Organizational Training
- Business Process Improvement
DR. DAVID M. ARRINGTON SR.
Results-oriented leader focused on bettering those he leads Proven expertise in executive coaching and leadership development, creating a shared vision, strategic planning, project/program management, organizational development, and implementing organizational change. Excellent track record of accomplishment in planning and administering successful business programs to dramatically improve operational, financial/business infrastructures, and profitability. Collaborates effectively with C-level stakeholders to prioritize activities and achieve defined objectives. Authentic, character-focused executive able to effectively translate business requirements into operational solutions. Broad experience across many aspects of business from operations management, recruiting, and P/L responsibility within multiple industries.
- Executive Coaching
- Change Leadership
- Program Management
- Process Redesign
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership Development
- P/L Responsibility
- Team Management
- Budget Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Business Strategy
- Relationship Development
- Staff Recruitment / Training
- Multi-Industry Expertise
- Business Management
- Community Engagement
- Non-profit Management
- Collaborative Leadership
- Customer Relations
- Multi-Generational Leadership
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
ARRINGTON COACHING, Suffolk, VA
2012 – Current
Executive Coach / CEO
- Coach business leaders and executives honing leadership styles, addressing undermining assumptions, and correcting limiting behaviors
- Align leadership teams
- Provide leadership and organizational consulting
- Facilitate organizational alignment through assessment and reporting
- Assist business leaders clarify their business model and understand their markets
- Facilitate leadership workshops
- Create customized leadership training based on organizational needs
- Maintain lead management and sales funnel activity
- P/L Responsibility
ALLEGHENY EAST CONFERENCE, Pine Forge, PA / Chesapeake, VA
2003 – 2016
- Organizational Leader
- Worked with organizational leaders to create and cast a shared vision
- Chaired several committees
- P/L Responsibility
- Coached organizational leaders
- Managed multiple teams from 10 to 150 people
- Successfully delivered stalled $1.24M construction project on time and under budget
- Improved organizational structure and direction by leading team through strategic planning exercises
- Worked with organizational leaders to develop annual budget
- Developed leadership training initiatives
- Organized multiple organization-wide, community-facing events, promoting employee buy-in
- Developed partnerships with corporations and community organization to reach goals
SCHLUMBERGER OMNES, Houston, TX
1999 – 2001
North American Recruiting Manager
- Staffed new, high-profile consulting business unit with 32 new hires within four-month time frame
- Controlled $600K budget
- Developed global recruitment process and interview schedule to ensure acquisition of industry-leading talent
- Held final hiring authority, and assigned new hires to specific geographic regions
- Presented recruiting processes and methods to worldwide organizational leadership in Paris
- Exceeded recruiting targets by 31%, enabling business unit to begin operations on schedule
- Received promotion to worldwide recruiting coordinator due to project being delivered on time and under budget
- P/L Responsibility
- Managed design of VPN with input throughout entire lifecycle, including gathering requirements, defining project scope, selecting equipment, testing, security, and global installation
- Developed end user documentation to facilitate roll-out and ongoing network operations
- Identified international network hub locations and qualified local bandwidth providers for service availability, bandwidth reliability, and cost. Provided comprehensive technical support
Entrepreneur, HOUSTON, TX
1998 – 1999
- Built successful marketing business from ground up within six months. Prospected and secured clients, handled production schedules, and created marketing products for local businesses
- Developed websites and print-based advertising media
- P/L Responsibility
EXXON CHEMICAL COMPANY, Houston, TX
1996 – 1998
- Designed dial-in VPN solution that served as front-end for Citrix server farm. Selected hardware, secured best pricing, and outlined and finalized dial-in process which was used as a template for the global roll out
- Documented project and communicated milestones to senior management
- Managed Knowledgebase System Document Conversion Project. Led five-member team in project planning, converted integrated documentation into database, and ensured adherence to timeframe and budget deliverables
- Served as project lead for Exxon Chemical Company Global Modem Pooling Project
- Doctorate in Strategic Leadership, 2016 – Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA
- Master of Divinity, 2004 – Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, 1996 – Oakwood University, Huntsville, AL
DOCTORAL COURSE WORK
- Human Focus of Leadership; Leadership Theory and Development; Strategic Planning, Design & Implementation; Values and Ethics for Leaders and Organizations; Organizational Structures, Systems and Environments; Global Strategic Leadership; Future Organizational Design & Leadership Studies; Coaching as a Profession, History, Theory & Skill Building, Advanced Coaching Models
The New Rules of Teaming in a Global Economy
SUMMARY : In the last decade globalization has changed the rules regarding how organizations conduct business. With the introduction of ubiquitous high-speed internet access, the availability of less expensive workforces, and advances in communications technologies virtual teams have become more commonplace. Leading virtual teams poses new and different challenges than leading co-located teams such as working across multiple time zones, trust-building, cultivating connectedness, and effective communication. In many cases, virtual teams have become global virtual teams. Global virtual teams present a number of challenges above and beyond virtual teams such as navigating cultural differences, understanding differing worldviews, traversing language barriers, and cross-cultural communication to name a few. While there are many overlapping competencies, leading in a global context differs from domestic leadership and it has been argued that there is a shortage of globally aware leaders. Global leaders require additional competencies to effectively lead in a geographically dispersed and culturally diverse work environment. Global leaders will need to understand the value and challenges of diversity, the role culture plays in influencing leadership styles, and how to manage conflict in a global virtual setting. This project explores the new rules of teaming in a global economy and the competencies global leaders will need to work effectively in a rapidly shifting, global virtual work environment.